Buying a property in East Lothian
Finding your perfect home is an enormous investment – in both time and money. Not to mention emotions! Let us help the process go smoothly by bringing our expertise and knowledge of the market to your house search. We’re ready to help you on every step of your journey to finding your dream property.
Buying a new home – what to expect
Buying a house is potentially one of the biggest purchases you’ll ever make, which is why we want to help you understand the process from start to finish. Whether you’re a first time buyer or looking to move up the property ladder, we’ll make sure you know exactly what’s involved.
In most cases, the process of buying a house looks like this:
- Appoint GSB as your solicitor
- Get mortgage advice from an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) – they’ll check you can afford to buy a house and help you pick the best mortgage
- Secure an Agreement in Principle – this shows you have a mortgage agreement underway, which can help when making an offer on a property
- Search for your ideal property and view your shortlisted properties
- Look at the Home Report for more details on any properties you’re interested in
- Make an offer on a property you like and get it accepted
- Finalise your mortgage with your IFA
- Finalise the details of your offer, agree a move in date, go through the missives and sort out any legal matters with GSB Solicitors
Then you’re all set to move into your new home! If you have any questions about any stage of the buying process, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Choose the East Lothian property specialists
From the initial search and setting up alerts to give you a nudge when a property you might like the look of comes onto the market, to providing specialist advice on putting in an offer and closing the deal. We pride ourselves on speaking to our customers in a language they understand – there’s no jargon here, just solid advice.
Let us take care of the paperwork and all the little details, while you can decide what colour to paint the living room or who’s getting what bedroom. This is stress-free house moving.
Can’t quite find what you’re looking for? New properties come on the market almost every single day, so if you haven’t found your dream home just yet – get in touch. We may just have something up our sleeve.